In the latest of our ‘spot the defect’ challenge we take a look at service pipes through a rendered external.
Have a look at the below image and try and spot the potential issues.
What did you spot?
The photo shows the following issues;
- The DPC has been bridged by the render;
- Render is taken too low and bridges the horizontal DPC
- A proprietary render stop should be installed to terminate the render above the DPC
- DPC damaged by insertion of waste pipes
- All service penetrations should be neat and above DPC level.
Full details on the application of render can be found in section 7.7.1 of the LABC Warranty Technical Manual. We also have the following articles you may be interested in;
By Anna Symington