Our detailed technical manual is designed to assist builders and developers of all sizes in meeting our technical standards.
The Technical Manual is made up of 13 chapters covering the key functional requirements as well as guidance and suggested methods for each stage of the build. It has been accredited by The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and The Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT). As such it is a handy guide to refer to throughout your build!
Find out what the main changes in the latest version are below or download your free copy now.
Key Changes in Version 8:
- New Chapter 13 ‘Developments within coastal locations’ This gives additional advice (over and above the guidance in Chapters 1 – 12) for developments within 5 km of the shore line.
- Chapter 6: (6.1) Further guidance available for basements involving underground car parking use.
- Chapter 7: (7.4) Further clarification for weather tightness on windows and doors (including bespoke and handmade windows/doors).
- Chapter 7: (7.7) Guidance substantially updated on use of render claddings.
- Chapter 12 (12.3) New section to provide guidance on conversions classed as ‘Historic buildings’.
More information and previous versions of the LABC Warranty Technical Manual can be found here.
By Olivia Catterall